Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cinna-spin Cookies

I tried a new cookie recipe over the weekend and thought they were tasty enough to pass the recipe along. It's a recipe I came across on the Betty Crocker website called Cinna-spin cookies. My boys love snickerdoodles and loved these just as much.

Cinna-spin Cookies

1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 TB ground cinnamon

Glaze

1 c powdered sugar
2 TB milk
1/4 tsp vanilla

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, mix cookie mix and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Stir in butter and egg until soft dough forms.
2. On piece of waxed paper, shape 1 TB cinnamon into a line about 5 in long. Using floured fingers, shape 1 TB dough into a rope 5 in long. Press one side of dough into cinnamon.
3. On ungreased cookie sheet, coil dough rope tightly cinnamon side facing center, into cinnamon-roll shape. Press end of rope into roll to seal.
4. Bake 7-10 min or until golden brown. Cool 1 min; remove to cooking rack. Cool completely, about 15 min.
5. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.

This recipe is very easy to follow. Next time I will let the dough set in the fridge for a bit before I try rolling into ropes and coiling. The dough is very soft and made for a messy time forming the cookies. Still turned out good though. I didn't get a pic taken before the cookies were eaten! Click on the link for a picture on the Betty Crocker website. I swear, my cookies looked just like that...almost!

No comments: