Thursday, March 11, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

I got this recipe from a ward cookbook and thought it was easy and delicious. Sorry, no photo--use your imagination! I don't usually do anything big for breakfast unless it's a holiday or we do breakfast for dinner--either way, I thought it was very good.

Breakfast Casserole

2 lbs. shredded hash browns
6 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. hot pepper cheese, grated
3 c. cheddar cheese, grated (I didn't use this much and reserved some for near the end of baking time to melt on top)
1 1/4 lb. Canadian bacon (you could also use ham--and once again I didn't use quite this much)

Beat eggs with milk, add cheese and Canadian bacon and mix. Pour over hash browns and mix. Place in greased 9x13" baking dish and refrigerate overnight. Bake 1 hour at 350. Serve topped with salsa and sour cream if you like.

No comments: