Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lemon Bundt Cake

photo via worthhersalt

My contribution to our Easter meal with family was dessert and I decided I wanted to do a lemon cake. I searched recipes for a little while because I couldn't decide on a bundt cake with glaze or layer cake with frosting. I combined things I liked from a couple different recipes and while it's not my photo above, that's similar to how the cake turns out. It's so moist and perfect lemon flavoring, but you could change up the flavor of cake mix or pudding if you wanted.

Lemon Bundt Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 small package lemon instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. oil

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Serve topped with lemon icing:
2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
milk
Combine all ingredients and add milk 1 Tbsp. at a time until thin enough to drizzle over cake.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Made this for Brandt's birthday, delicious. I don't like too lemony of things, but this was perfect.