Friday, July 16, 2010

Menu Planning

I'm not the best at planning a weekly menu; more like I plan 2-3 meals at a time and end up grocery shopping more than once a week or eating out more than we should. I'm doing a lot better at trying new things though instead of the same old rotation and when I see something new that interests me, I'll write it on my list and work it into the next week's meal planning. I found a new food site I like with these tips and tricks and that motivated me to plan the next few nights out (kind of random planning meals on a Friday afternoon since weekends aren't the most routine, but it's not as easy for me to shop at the beginning of the week). And since I went to all this effort today, I decided to share my menu to give maybe one of you (at least one of my sisters are reading this, right!?) some ideas!

Friday: Grilled steak, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, zucchini bread
Saturday: soft chicken tacos or tostadas (using this recipe for the chicken, except with my crock pot!), chips and salsa
Sunday: Homemade corn-dogs (recipe to follow), green salad, fruit
Monday: BLC sandwiches (Bacon, lettuce, cucumber since I don't really like tomato), chips & fruit--it's softball night so we need quick and easy
Tuesday: Bow-tie lasagna, salad, bread sticks

...and by then we'll be out of milk and back to the store. I have a few more ideas ready for next week so the planning should go quicker and we'll see how long I can stay organized like this.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

That menu looks so yummy. I am trying different things to stay organized, but I end up making the same things over and over. I need to try more new things. Thanks for sharing the tips and tricks and let me know how it goes.

Emily said...

Love the menu, love the website. Thanks for posting. I'm going to use some of your ideas in my meal plan for next week. Except I'm a big girl and can eat tomatoes on my sandwiches!