Friday, February 11, 2011

Tortilla Soup

We tried a new recipe this week . . . another one from pioneer woman, I'm obsessed! But another delicious recipe, so she can do no wrong. Eddy was not a huge fan because he does not like chunks of tomato, but he still ate a little.I'm being a little lazy tonight so here is the link.

She did say the best part about the soup was the condiments and they did make the soup. We had the usual sour cream and cheddar cheese, but I also made some pico de gallo and tortilla strips. I just cut up a tortilla and threw the strips in the oven at 375 for 10ish minutes. They are actually quite a nice crunchy little treat.

And my new favorite recipe for pico de gallo Brandt found for his 7th grade CTE class. Just chop up equal parts tomato, red onion, and cucumber. That's right, cucumber. It's my favorite part!

No comments: