Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

I love pumpkin desserts this time of year and I tried these cupcakes last year, but never shared the recipe.  A kind neighbor brought me a dessert after I had Nash and it was probably very similar to this recipe but baked as a cake instead...and I pretty much ate the whole thing myself it was so good.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

1 box spice cake mix
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix together all ingredients.  Pour batter into paper liners and fill 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cakes are light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.

Frosting

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and light.  Stop mixer and add sugar and vanilla.  Start mixing again on low and gradually increase speed until frosting is fluffy.  This is optional, but I think when I made these before I added some cinnamon to the frosting as well.

No comments: