Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cinnamon Glazed Carrots

I've been searching different food websites for new ways to prepare veggies and came across this recipe. Oh my goodness, I love these carrots but in my family I was the only one! No, Keoni insists he liked them but he doesn't have me entirely convinced. This recipe is a mish-mash of a few different recipes I came across so I'm really not sure who to give credit...just know I'm not creative enough to have dreamed this up on my own.

Cinnamon Glazed Carrots

1 lb baby carrots
2 TB honey
2 TB butter
1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 TB lemon juice

In saucepan, cover carrots with water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer to desired doneness (be careful not to cook your carrots too long like I did). While carrots are cooking, prepare glaze in another saucepan by melting remaining ingredients together. When carrots are done, drain, and toss with the glaze.

No comments: