Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Farfalle with Zucchini

I made a version of Farfalle with Zucchini for dinner last night. I pretty much followed this recipe from The Pioneer Woman but made a few changes...who has Arrowroot in their cupboard?! Again, no picture (sorry!) but here are some changes I made. I used two zucchini, not the four or five her recipe calls for. I didn't have any fresh tomatoes on hand so I used a can of diced tomatoes instead. I only used about one clove of garlic as I live with a bunch of garlic wimps. And I decided to add some grilled chicken which turned out to be the boys favorite part. I'm afraid I'll never quite remember how I made the sauce!? I whisked together some chicken broth, butter, cream, fresh ground black pepper and dried basil. It wasn't a thick sauce but coated everything perfectly and tasted great. This recipe is a great summer dinner idea. I loved it and so did my boys even though they could see onions in it! I will definitely be making this dish again.

No comments: