Monday, October 11, 2010

Menu Planning

Hayley requested some dinner ideas so here are my meals for the month. I absolutely hated trying to plan meals every week because someone (Brandt) never liked what I picked and thought we had the same things over and over (like spaghetti, which we did, it's my fav and it's easy). So, instead of struggling each and every week and dreading the thought of coming up with ideas I sat down and picked a month worth of meals. This way I can pick all my favorites and still get a variety. It takes a little bit of time at the beginning of the month, but then I'm done and don't have to dread each and every week what to come up with. Now it's fun to see what's for dinner.
*Disclaimer* We never make all the meals in the month and I don't stick to the exact day on the calendar. I plan for the week and we eat what we eat. I'll shift some meals to the next week or just forget about all together.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a good idea--thank you! Now I'd like to request you share your recipes for Honey Walnut Shrimp and Ranch Chicken please! And share this every month why don't ya!? Thanks!

Emily said...

Thanks for the ideas, Bets! You know, I've gotten tired of juggling my weekly menus around and just started keeping a list of meals I want to make each month. I've found it is more flexible and, yes, we avoid making the same old, same old.